We are looking for a professional health and social care Trainer/Assessor to join our dynamic team of trainers on a flexible/casual basis. Varsity Training provides training from Levels 2-5 across a range of City and Guilds QCF programmes. This post involves working with Level 2 and 3 learners.
Our students come from all sectors of care. If you would like to work for an experienced and professional training provider and become a valued member of our team, then please contact us for more details.
POST: Level 2/3 Trainer/Assessor – Health and Social Care (Casual)
Programmes: City & Guilds Diploma Levels 2-3
Subject Specialism: Health and Social Care
Responsible to: Directors
Hours: Casual hours, flexible
Salary: £20,748 – £24,700 (pro rata) (£10.50 – £12.50 per hour)
Date of Issue: June 2017
- To deliver high quality training/teaching and learning by providing students with a planned learning experience, managing the learning process, guiding and supporting learners.
- Acting as personal tutor to a group of students and provide pastoral care.
- To provide assignment and assessment material appropriate to each specific programme.
- To help co-ordinate the provision of programme scheduling and learner journey, assisting the learner in the timely completion of their programme.
- To provide power-points on each session, to be uploaded onto the company VLE.
- To produce relevant training materials, such as handouts, worksheets, links to websites, resources etc.
- To evaluate, assess and sign off completed work of students in relation to the curriculum criteria both in the training room and in the workplace in terms of the evidence required, including through: Observations, Professional discussions, Question and Answer sessions
- Sign up of new students including completing relevant paperwork.
- Meet with students to direct on achievement of evidence requirements on a regular basis.
- Completion of Varsity Training forms and documentation, staying in line with the team and company requirements.
- To set and assess work and provide opportunities for student feedback.
- To engage with the management team to ensure high quality teaching and learning occurs.
- To attend programme meetings and to contribute to the continual quality improvement, including Team, Standardisation, Moderation meetings, supervision and training sessions and IQA meetings.
- To contribute towards accurate and effective systems of administration which support the student and organisational needs.
- To take part in any inspections and requirements of relevant external agencies.
- Maintain details of attendance, accurately recorded in up to date registers.
- Updating and recording CPD.
Level 2/3 Trainer/Assessor, Health and Social Care Spec
|A Health/Social Care background/experience||E|
|Experience & Knowledge|
|Some experience of teaching/training||D|
|Teaching qualification at Level 4/5 e.g. PTTLS/Certificate in Education/PGCertEd||D|
|Hold a recognised assessor qualification TAQA level 3 or equivalent||E|
|Skills & Abilities|
|Suitability and motivation to work within a health/social care related field||E|
|Excellent communication skills||E|
|Ability to understand and motivate students||E|
|Proven ability to work within a team||E|
|Good presentation skills||E|
|Ability to work calmly when under pressure||E|
|Ability to initiate curriculum development||D|
|A keen interest in the use and development of e-learning||D|