The Level 2 Diploma in Healthcare Support is an occupational qualification for learners who work in Healthcare Support roles in England.
This qualification consists of mandatory units covering knowledge and skills competencies with optional specialisms which can be combined in flexible ways to reflect the real working context of different learners.
Healthcare support workers (HCSWs) work as part of a team providing high quality and compassionate care to individuals. HCSWs address straightforward problems in day-to-day work, reporting concerns and changes to the appropriate person in a timely manner. They report to a registered Healthcare Practitioner who will directly or indirectly supervise their work.
HCSWs work in a range of healthcare settings and their team may include workers from both health and social care.
Clinical healthcare support, Healthcare support, Healthcare support service, Allied Health profession, Perioperative support.
- 1:1 Sessions
- Strong assessor support
- Practice assessment
- Portfolio of evidence produced
- Range of assessment methods
- Access to VLE
- End Point Assessment
- Person centred approaches
- Duty of care in health
- Personal development
- Equality and inclusion in health
- Values and behaviours
- Prevention and control of infection
- Handling information
- Mental health and wellbeing
- This qualification allows candidates to learn, develop and demonstrate the skills and knowledge required for employment and/or career progression in Healthcare.
- Opportunities may also be available to progress to an apprenticeship at level 3 such as the Senior Healthcare Support Worker