Time to say goodbye to QCF Frameworks
Time to say hello to RQF Frameworks
These changes are coming into play towards the end of this year and will be the only option for social care training providers from January 1st 2018
Varsity Training is a progressive training provider and already delivers training in line with the new standards and will be adopting the RQF frameworks as they become available.
So what are the actual changes for Qualifications?
- Units no longer need to be identical between all awarding organisations. As a City & Guilds approved organisation you can be assured of the highest quality qualifications for your staff.
- The QCF credit based units will be replaced RQF units that have a ‘total qualification time’ value.
- Awarding organisations, like the City & Guilds will have to ensure and keep checking the quality of qualifications as they are delivered.
Although these changes are coming into place some things will look the same.
- You will still have a wide range of qualifications to choose from.
- Programme titles will remain the same with Certificate & Diplomas across levels 2,3,4, & 5.
- Qualifications will still be made up of mandatory and optional units.
- The new qualifications will still sit within apprenticeship frameworks.
In relation to Apprenticeships….They’re changing too!
Apprenticeships are moving from Frameworks to Standards – At Varsity Training we only deliver Standards now.
Standards define a range of Skills, behaviours and knowledge individuals need to be competent. We assess this and make sure all outcomes are met.
After completing the requirements of the standard all apprentices then go through an end assessment by an independent organisation – We organise this and make sure the apprentice is ready.